Friday, June 5, 2009

New & Improved Altered Purse

OK - I just can't leave well enough alone..........the Velcro closure started to bug me and the sunglasses just weren't quite there (flat and non-dimensional)...........the improvements made:
- Made arms for the sunglasses to slip through the front flap - got rid of the embroidery thread - yuk - hated that!
- Made the flap for the Black version of this purse.
- Added personalization: initials.

Here's a better view of the glasses: I freehand drew the arms for the glasses so there is no template. The Red pair has red gemstones (of course) and the initials: guess for who? Now I'm happy with this project and can move on...........finally!

Additional supplies for improvement:
  • Stamps: Lovely Letters
  • CS: nothing additional
  • Ink: nothing additional
  • Additional accys: Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Punch, Crop-o-dile, large silver eyelets (non SU), Red Gemstones (non SU)

Thanks for your patience.....................xoxo

3 comments:

Lorri said...

Oh my gosh Patti, this is OVER THE TOP! Can you please move to AZ and be my neighbor? FABULOUS PROJECT!

KellyRae in Coolidge, AZ said...

Yes, please, Patti! Move to AZ so you can be MY neighbor...lol. Love the purse. Here's a tip for you for your eyeglasses...use a VersamarkER and clear EP on the lenses and you'll create a more realistic 'glass'.

Creations by Patti said...

Hi Arizonians,
Thanks for peeking today - hey! great idea to put EP on glasses: shall I amend again? No - I'm moving on..........will have to fix the one I am giving away. Thanks.........xoxo