Monday, June 29, 2009

Shoes & A Cake-in-a-Box

Out of all the boxes I have made, this one is the BEST! It is a birthday present for a really great friend - I gave it to her this past weekend and she loved it! The lid has a pair of shoes!!! The shoes are 2-3/4"x 1-3/4" and the insoles are lined with designer paper. Flowers on the shoes were punched from the Trio Flower Punch, topped with adhesive pearls. The shoes sit on a designer paper circle on top of a scallop circle (Big Shot). The flowers are a Martha Stewart Punch attached with dimensionals.
As a reminder: the tutorial for this basic project is posted on 5/29/09.
Edited 7/8/09: shoe template is from www.paperzone.com/e-mails/shoe1.html - shrink this template 50% to fit onto lid.

Here's a close-up of the shoes:

Side view of shoes on the lid:

Back of shoes on lid: note the stamped vellum butterfly which sits on a narrow piece of Pretty in Pink CS (attached with a mini glue dot)! There are 3 mini adhesive pearls in the center of the butterfly.

Take off the lid, top view of inside:

Sides unfolded: Top view

Cake front view: The message was computer generated and cut out using the Oval Coluzzle.



Cake back view: There were a total of 7 stamped vellum butterflies used for the cake. Each attached with a mini glue dot.
Some of the messages:

And, here is the card with the envelope:

Close-up of card:

Card inside:

And here's what those shoes look like before they are assembled.
Here's the lid before it is assembled:

Here are sides before the cake is decorated and the squares.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Warm Words, Great Friend, On Your Birthday
  • CS: Pink Pirouette Designer Paper (retired), Bella Rose Designer Paper (retired), Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
  • Ink: Black, Craft White
  • Accys: Big Shot Pop-Up Cake Die, Big Shot Scallop Circle Die, Circle Scissors Plus, Trio Flower Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Adhesive Pearls (non SU), Dimensionals (SU and Non SU), Sticky Tape, Mini Glue Dots, Daisy Punch (Martha Stewart), Oval Coluzzle.

Thank you for stopping by today and I do hope you enjoyed this project........I'd love to hear your comments................xoxo

18 comments:

Kwebbel said...

Hi Patti,
what a beautiful idea - I love the combination!
Thank you for sharing!
Greetings from Germany
Susanne

Debbie Pamment said...

Sensational box Patti - your friend is one very lucky lady!!
xXx

eunice said...

Wow, what an absolutely wonderful gift!!! I agree, it's the best box ever! I'm sure your friend was delighted to receive such a fun and creative birthday surprise.

Whimcees said...

You have done it again! I love it! Beautiful display! Wishing you a great day today! Bsrbara Diane

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Wow! So neat!! TFS! Jeannie

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful project...your friend is a lucky lady!
Ad K.

Rob I said...

one word of STUNNING - thanks so much for sharing all the details

aussierob

Deb Lenox Leesburg, Virginia said...

OHHHH MY GOODNESS...
I love that... I love all your shoes... I collect a small shoe collection.. called "just the right shoes" and this would be a great gift for a shoe collector...

I do love all your work.. tanks for sharing...
Deb

Yvonne Metz said...

Patti, Absolutely Speachless! This is just WOW! Love the combo with the cake in a box and the shoe. LOVE it ALL. TFS!!!

Tasha Hickert said...

Okay, this is by far the best use of that die I have seen!! I think it is sort of silly, but you made it look fabulous!

Liam said...

Hello this is just too good. This is just amazing. When I think you can't go anymore amazing you've done it again. Fab job. Your friend would absolutely love this. What an amazing gift. Once again i am in awe of your work. Just incredible.

Liam

Suzie said...

Awesome!!! Love boxes, and you have taken them to another level! Love the shoes on top and add the butterflies are beautiful, thansk for sharing.

Nancy L. said...

Patti, this is stunning!

Tanya said...

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Your work is outstanding. Congratulations! I love it. May I ask where you got your shoe template? Appreciate it! Thanks!

Tanya said...

Patti,

I just made one of these! Thank you for inspiring me to do one!! Please check out my blog if you would like to see.

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous!!! I would like to make this for my niece's Sweet Sixteen next year.