Friday, December 18, 2009

Recipe Holder

Project #10: It's the Gingerbread Boy again!!!! He gets around. This can be a card or recipe holder, too. This project is ended up to be a Cocoa holder. Project inspiration is from Ellen (she is so fabulous) who had a blog (http://www.blinkthinkink.blogspot.com/) where her project was posted on 9/8/09. Gingerbread Boy inspiration is from Guru Denise W. (unfortunately she doesn't have a blog). I tweaked some of the measurements to conserve paper. The finished project size 4-1/4" x 1/2" x 5" (excluding neck ribbon). I enjoyed making this project and so did my guests.

Back:

How to make this:
(1) Correction: 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” Old Olive CS, score at a bottom 1/2"
(1) 6-1/2”cut Real Red ¼” Grosgrain Ribbon for back
(1) 5-1/2” cut Real Red ¼” Grosgrain Ribbon for neck
(1) 9” cut Real Red ¼” Grosgrain Ribbon for Back Bow

Note how the curve of the apron was made: using a tape dispenser as a template!!!! Thank so much Ellen for such a great idea!!!!
(1) 6-1/4 x 3-1/4" Old Olive CS for the back. on the 3-1/4" side, Score 1/2", 1/2" on the right and left side
, turn paper to the 6-1/4" side @1/2" (see visual photo below).

(1) 4-3/4” x 5” Real Red CS for Apron, use Eyelet Boarder Punch only at bottom

This is what you should end up having:
Additional pieces for the Gingerbread Boy in Creamy Caramel CS
(1) 1-1/4" Circle Punch
(1) Small Tag Punch
(4) Word Window Punch
(1) Real Red Heart from the Heart to Heart Punch

For the Gingerbread Boy:
Sponge all pieces using Close to Cocoa ink.

Use White Gel Pen for the features:

After using the eyelet boarder punch for the bottom of the apron and stamping the snowflakes using Versamark ink, start to position Gingerbread Boy on apron. Note: connect the head to the body, then tie red gingham ribbon around the neck, add dimensionals and place on top of arms and legs.

To make the holder: Cut out the right and left corner of the back piece. Apply sticky tape as shown.

Connect the left side of the apron with the back piece. Adhere the red grosgrain ribbon to the back with about 1/2" overlap to the front.


Here's the 1/2" ribbon overlap pointed out by the pink arrow:

Adhere the bow in the back with a mini glue dot:
After adhering the real red CS to the front, pierce the apron top 1/8" in from the edge for the brad. Brad should also secure the ribbon.

Here's what the apron top should look like:

I added a cup with steam for the cocoa, popped with a dimensionals. Use a white gel pen for the steam.
Hope you liked this project!
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Christmas Punch (group of Snowflake Stamp in this set)
  • CS: Old Olive, Real Red, Creamy Caramel
  • Ink: Versamark, Close to Cocoa
  • Accys: Tag Punch, 1-1/4” Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Eyelet Boarder Punch, ¼” Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Sticky Tape, Sponge, Packet of Cocoa

Thank you for stopping by today.......stay tuned for Project #11 tom......HUGS....!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. I have been making everything this Christmas gingerbread themed. Thanks for the great blog. Nancy

Ellen Kemper said...

A gingerbread man on the apron - a perfect combination!

Originator of the apron recipe holder was Liane Peden who doesn't have a blog (but should)

I LOVE your version!

Anonymous said...

Super way to give a favorite holiday recipe.
Love your blog.

PJ (Jessie Adams)

Whimcees said...

This is so cute Patti! Your version is great!

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane

Whitney Richardson said...

OH i love it, I wish I had it yesterday for Ansleigh's teachers gift cards!! Too cute.
Whit

Lisa Davis said...

Great project! Love your blog!tfs
Lisa

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute! Oh how I wish I could keep up with your great blog/projects. I see so much I would like to try and just can't seem to find the time.

Thank you!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved it. Keep up good work.

Inking Idaho said...

Oh my gosh Patti! I haven't been blog surfing for a while and look what I've missed! You are creating beautiful works of art...like that is any surprise! :) I love your Christmas ideas...don't be surprised if you see them somewhere else...hmmm. LOVE them ALL!
Merry Christmas
Becky

Jen said...

That is just so darling!!!

Tina Waddell said...

Thank you for generously sharing your idea. I love it. The Gingerbread man is just the right touch. Thanks. Skwerlygirl

Jeannie said...

I case'd this yesterday -- if I get daring, I may put it on my blog. To tie it altogether, I put a gingerbread girl in the pocket. Not just any gingerbread girl though -- I put mine on pointe shoes and gave this as gifts to my daughter's dancing teachers!