The Lid with 2" sides:
- Cut (1) 8-1/8" x 8-1/8" Solid Card Stock or Designer Paper
- Score 2" along all sides
- Use bone folder for crisp fold on score lines
- Cut as indicated in the photo
- Apply sticky tape to secure lid flaps
- Finished lid size should be 4-1/4" x 4-1/8" (box size is 4x4. Lid needs to be +1/8" larger)
- for narrower sides, CS should be cut down accordingly: for example, 1-1/2"+4-1/8"+1-1/2" = 7-1/2" square.
- Decorate the lid before or after it is assembled.
- Use (1) 12" x 12" card stock or Designer Paper
- Score every 4", turn paper and score every 4".
- Use bone folder for crisp fold lines
- Cut as shown in the photo below
- Decorate each 4" square as desired. Be sure to keep embellishments to a minimum since the sides will be "wrapping" around. The possibilities are endless.
- For the center: No cake die? Glue down a toy , a photo frame, a surprise,( max height 4" high), or how about a smaller box in the center with pull out photos!........
To achieve the "wrap around" look of the box, start "wrapping the sides of the box by picking up the first section as shown in the photo:
The second "wrap":
The third "wrap":
The final "wrap:
Last step - place lid on top!
Now that wasn't so bad...................hope you will try this project and enjoy decorating it for yourself or for a gift to someone special! Have a great weekend.