Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ghost Step Card

Here is a fun Ghost step card.................enjoy!

Closer view of Tombstone and Ghost: Oct. 31 is a retired SU rub-on..........works great for this card. The spider is also a die: add a red adhesive rhinestone and color the yes with a white gel pen.

Side view of card:

Card back: see that score line in the back? well, it's a mistake........ignore it.
Just a few hints about making this card:
Prepare main part of the card: After scoring the card front along the 8-1.2" side @4-1/4", put card front through the embossing folder, sponge edges and some of the raise embossing areas. With this card being a step style card, the back "step" is exposed and not embossed. See white arrow: a small embossed piece is added to the back.

Instructions with measurements on how to cut this card have been previously posted or can be found on www.splitcoaststampers.com in the tutorial section.
Here are all the pieces that make up the card. (3) Ghosts with edges sponged, (2) Tombstones with edges sponged, (1) Spider, (3) sections of punched and sponged grass boarder, (1) long section of punched and sponged grass boarder. Assemble all pieces accordingly to finish the card.

Supplies:
  • Stamps: none
  • CS: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Whisper White, Basic Grey, Going Grey (retired)
  • Ink: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Basic Grey
  • Accys: Grass Boarder Punch (non SU), Web Embossing Folder (non SU), Tombstone Die (non SU), Die Cut Spider (non SU), Rub On (retired SU), White Gel Pen, Red adhesive Rhinestones

Thank you for stopping by today.............................

11 comments:

Liam said...

Very clever use of the stair step card. Very effective card. Love it. It looks amazing. Always simply inspirational.

Liam

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so great. I love all the ghosts. I need that embossing folders.

Jenny said...

Really cute step card. Where are those ghosts from? I love them!!! I also love how you embossed the card using the spiderweb folder.

Anonymous said...

Great visual effect for those spooky ghosts.
I feel a "lift" coming on :0)

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Unknown said...

Fantastic!!! So creative and completely adorable!!

slbt17 said...

wonderful! I love it.
sandra

md said...

super
mervci md

Bea from France said...

This card is just fabulous!!! I love it

Dagi said...

I can't get enough from your Halloween projects! I love this spooky but also cute card :o)

Greetings from Germany,
Dagi

eunice said...

I LOVE this!!! I had been planning to do a stair card for dd for Halloween this year too...thanks for all the extra inspiration!

Martha said...

I love your card!! The ghosts, the Tombstone, all is perfect. I only would like to know where is the spider from ... thanks!