Friday, September 23, 2011

Birthday Telescope Card

I received a very nice surprise by "snail" mail for my birthday from a dear friend (Gene L.). Gosh, I hadn't realized I had not posted it to show it off. Last year I had the pleasure of meeting her for the first time In Las Vegas. She is truly talented and as nice as can be.........a great friend indeed for always. And, she remembered it was my birthday, too............now that is remarkable in itself! I believe this type of card is called a "telescope' card.................nice!!! The Big Shot sure came in handy for this card. It came "collapsed":

Unfurled to reveal the second layer:

Unfurled to the last layer: cute, eh? I absolutely love it.

Here are some close-up photos of each layer:
Layer 1

Layer 2


Layer 3



The colors are so "happy". I believe all Stampin' Up products: paper, exclusive cupcake punch and stamped message was used to make this card.................Great job, Gene on this one!!!


I am glad to finally be able to share this with you all out there................hugs, P

8 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That's a fantastic telescope card. Neat and clever idea.

Kathy Yip said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Great card can't wait to try one, wish I had the diameters of the circles.

Toots said...

Love it!

Gina said...

WOW....
Love you always.

- - Sheryl - - said...

love it! fun card

CreativePopUpCards said...

Very cool idea. Is it tricky to fold back? It seems like the edges may get caught when rotating.

Creations by Patti said...

actually, the brads used to extend the "telescope" effect do not get in the way at all. It was easy peasy............try this card style sometime...........maybe make with a short message?
have fun!