Monday, October 10, 2011

Chinese Lantern Thank You

I really enjoyed making this card - Creative Artist Penny Duncan was on my mind. And when I say creative artist, I really mean it. She is the Queen of SCAL. This Chinese Lantern SVG cut file originally from Paulo (posted on 3-4-2010) but I had trouble downloading one part of the file so Patty was so kind to help me out. THANK YOU, so much PENNY. I sent her this card along with other goodies. Card size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". And, Of course, I love those Sizzlit Architectural Accents on the card corners (wow - it matches the inside, too)

Here's a close-up: the lantern has 3 layers. A co-ordinating Washi scrap paper is used for the middle section. I created the black "shadow" behind the lantern in SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot computer program). Finished lantern size is 2-1/4" x 4-3/8". Entire lantern is popped with dimensionals. The Gold embossed circle is using a Cuttlebug Asian Embossing Folder popped with dimensionals on a Vanilla card stock which is then layered on top of Black Core-dinations card stock. The Vanilla 4-3/8" circle and 4" Gold Circle were cut using my SCAL program.

Open the card, the right half of the card acts as a pull (lever) to reveal my favorite accents on the card corners. This type of card was also cut using SCAL - SVG cut file is from SVGcuts Holly Jolly Lever Cards Collection. Love this because it is an exact cut every time. I was able to use the 4-5/8" circle cut out from the front card base, too so nothing was wasted.


A top view: see how cool is that circle window.........

Open the card to reveal two additional panels: one is with a "thank you" message with my own old style name stamp and another random old style stamp from my Asian collection. The Square panels are a SVG cut file, too - can you believe this? It matches the corners. This cut file is called Squares in Squares from Scrappedlives.nl and I love it because it can be custom sized to fit in this panel.

here's another top view:

And the second and third panel:

Supplies:


  • Stamps: Hero Arts Thanks Wish, "You're so Amazing" Hero Arts Clear Sew Stylish, Chop style stamps: Made to order (from Asia)

  • CS: Core-dinations Black & Merry, Recollections Vanilla & Gold

  • Ink: Staz-On Black, SU Cherry Cobbler

  • Accys: Cuttlebug Asian Embossing Folder, SVG Cuts Holly Jolly Lever Cut File, Chinese Lantern SVG Cut File, Background Squares in Squares Cut File, Sizzlit Architectural Accents Die, Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue Pen, Sticky Tape.

Thank you for stopping by today.........................

8 comments:

SuiLan said...

Patti: This is an outstanding card. Absolutely fantastic. In fact it's making me hungry for Chinese food. LOL! Great job as always.

Jenny said...

Love your asian style Patti! This is a really awesome card- makes me want to learn how to use my cricut better!

CreativeRicih said...

Your design is so clean and very professional. I like the Asian flare.

Kathy Yip said...

Wow! This is outstanding. This is something I wouldn't even attempt. BEAU-TEE-FUL!

Jan Castle said...

Wish you could come to visit and sho me what to do with this SCAL CD that I have...LOL! Love your card!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Karli said...

wow! That's gorgeous- beautiful details :) Hugs~

eunice said...

Oh Patti, this card is an absolutely STUNNING piece
of art! The lantern cut is amazing...wow, how do you find all these amazing Asian cuts? Everything about this card is fantastic...love the brush calligraphy kanji, the matching panel inside and your hanko. You are the best, gurl!

Anonymous said...

Oh you all......the pictures do NOT give this GORGEOUS CREATIONS justice!!!!!! I am the very blessed recipient of this card and it will be cherished forever and always by me!!!! THANK YOU so very much Patti for thinking of me because I truly treasure this!!!!