Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dandelion Friends Window Card

I really wanted to make one of the window cards. I love the Dandelion Friends Set so I incorporated it into the card. I was so in a hurry, I didn't even take photos of the assembly. It is simple to make. Those corners are made using SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot program) with Traditional Asian Corners cut file from 7-11-09 from Paulo (he has quite a few cut files that can be downloaded). There are right corners used on this card. Those circles made from using Spellbinders Small Circle dies. Love that cardstock is textured: Coredinations Paper from your local craft store. I chose to leave a sentiment off until I use this card.

Open the first flap to reveal the circle trimmed in Brown card stock. The front circle is 2-3/4" wide. The inside flap circle is a 2-1/2" opening with a 1/4" rimmed circle which means using removable tape to secure the 2-1/2 and the 2-3/4: dies to create this embellishment..............gosh, I hope that wasn't confusing.................


Here are the "Friend" girls peeking through:


Open all the flaps to reveal both sides with Vanilla card stock, Traditional Asian Corners, Washi Paper in the center.

Here's a close-up of the "Friends". They are colored using Copic Markers, cut out and popped with dimensionals. Add a rhinestone flower with additional bling for the center.

For even more bling, a Sakura Jelly Roll Clear pen is used on the clothing.

Supplies:


  • Stamps: Friends by Dandelion Designs

  • CS: Coredinations Grapevine, Neenah White, Washi Paper, Brown

  • Ink: Momento Black

  • Accys: Copic 110 Special Black-V17-V15-BVOO-V01-R20-E21, Spellbinders Small Circle Die, Adhesive Flower and Rhinestone from my stash, Sukura Crystal Jelly Roll Pen, 2 Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals

Thank you for stopping by today to visit...............................

7 comments:

Shirley said...

I've been a "lurker" for a long time and haven't made a comment yet but I just had to let you know I think this is one of your best cards yet! I love the inside detail so much!!! I love your blog and never miss a post. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent!

eunice said...

Oh, so pretty Patti! Sorry I haven't commented in awhile...believe me I have tried...several times but been having issues w/ blogger! Hmmm...I see I have some major catching up to do...you have been busy!

Helen said...

What a cute images (look like my daughter) and what a great card design always.

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Where do you get your Washi paper? They are so beautiful!

Creations by Patti said...

to answer the question from Helen: this specific washi paper was from a local store called Stamp on Over in Santa Clara - you can also find a huge selection at Hanko's site or Stone House Stamps. Stone House has periodical sales and also includes little clippings of other washi in your order: a big purk!!!!
happy shopping!
hugs,
Patti

Rizwan Ali said...

business card really increase your finance and business
Hotel Key Card
membership card

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! But is that a black screen I see in one of the photos - and is it an addition to the card?