Monday, October 24, 2011

Elmhurst Hollow Coffin Box

Good morning all: here is the 4th and last project from the Elmhurst Hollow SVG Collection from SVGcuts.com. It's a Coffin Box. I always wanted to make one of these and this cut file made it sooooo simple to do. I did adjust the box to be slightly larger but other than that, the box is the same as the cut file. This box top design is the same as the Coffin Card posted 10-21-11 on friday. I actually wanted to add a full moon so used a 2-3/4" circle to make it with SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot), then embossed it using Cuttlebug Swirl Embossing Folder. By Adding SU More Mustard ink to sponge edges, and then popping it with dimensionals, the moon came "alive". Finished coffin size is 5" x 1-3/4" x 2-1/2".

Here is a better view of the moon and those bats.

Another view of the box:

The top of the lid is quite sturdy: it is re-enforced with a double layer in the cut file. There is also a lining for the top and bottom of the box.

Supplies:




  • Stamps: none


  • CS: Black, SU Old Olive, SU More Mustard, SU Halloween DSP (retired)


  • Ink: Craft White, SU Old Olive, SU More Mustard


  • Accys: Black Eylets, 1/4" Black Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Gold Adhesive Rhinestone



Thank you for stopping by today................I hope you enjoyed the projects from the Elmhurst Hollow Collection.

2 comments:

eunice said...

OMG, Patti...this is absolutely FRIGHTFULLY FABULOUS! This has got to be the BEST coffin box I've seen to date! Love, love LOVE all the intricate details you added to make this so special. The inked edges, embossed moon, laced up eyelets...simple? You've got to be kidding me!

Karli said...

I luuuuv making the coffin boxes & yours are amazing! I swear I'm going to get to my SCAL soon cuz I'm so inspired by all the fab & fun things you've made! Hugs~