Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gingerbread Man Thank You Cards

Whoops.....is it mid January ALREADY? Where did the first 2 weeks of 2012 go? I must be way hibernating from mt New Year resolution of relaxing. I did need to get my thank you notes out this year in a somewhat early timeline. I used a cut file from my Silhouette on line library: a double slider thank you card that only cost 99 cents!!!! Yup, you get the file and it loads immediately to your Silhouette for cutting. The score lines and everything are included and this card size is 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". Most double slider cards I had previously made were narrower in size. This one will fit into a A2 envelope!!! Aren't they cute?

A snowflake was included in the cut file but I decided to use some cut gingerbread men I had around. The words "thank you" ARE included in the file. I cut the strip for the top slider and made a smaller insert for the bottom slider. The solid and pattern mat was easy to simply cut with my cutter. SU Close to Cocoa ink to sponge all t he edges for some character.

Use a 2 way glue pen to adhered the words

Gingerbread man is sponged with SU Close to Cocoa ink. Black card stock was adhered behind the eye holes. Adhere the single knot gingham bow with a mini glue dot. The entire gingerbread man is popped with dimensionals.

Here is the Silhouette Snowflake version. The snowflake is cool and very detailed which will be very useful for Christmas 2012. Adhesive Rhinestones are added to the snowflake. The entire snowflake is popped with dimensionals.

Supplies used:




  • Ink: SU Close to Cocoa


  • CS: Recollections Kraft, Paper Company Red, Recollections White, Paper Company Chocolate, Hanko Handmade Paper Assortment, Creative Imaginations Samantha Walker DSP


  • Accys: Adhesive Rhinestones, Gingham 1/4 Ribbon, 3/8" Gold Ribbon, Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue Pen, Sticky Tape, Gold Brad, Sizzix Gingerbread Man Die, Ink Essentials Sponge Dauber


thank you for checking in today.................

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...I LOVE these....they are SUPER cute!!!!

Pat Jandacek said...

Adorable cards. I'd forgotten about double sliders but it's the perfect layout/set-up for thank yous.

KimDBH said...

Patty, those are so cute. I am casing this idea for birthday cards

SuiLan said...

Omgosh these are unbelievably cute! I love them!

Jared Hill said...

Very artistic ways to say “Thank You”. wedding thank you cards