Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My First Nutcracker

We all love those Nutcrackers........there are lots of stamps , stickers, and even a die in the marker but this one is extra special in 3D. I had been waiting a while for this SVG cut file and finally SVGcuts.com came out with one - I knew Mary (designer extraordinaire from SVGcuts.com) would come through!!!! The mechanics of this Nutcracker are amazing and amazingly simple to assemble, too. Especially because there is a video on assembling this fella. I believe Leo, the paper technical engineer genius, put these cut files all together. Mary & Leo make a great team. The file is called Clara's Christmas Eve and it also has beautiful shaped holiday cards along with Ballet slippers and this gorgeous nutcracker. Of course, I also had to use the fabulous Graphic 45 Nutcracker designer paper just like Mary for my first nutcracker. The Nutcracker sits on a base that is 3-3/4" x 4-1/2" x 3/4". The finished Nutcracker is 12" tall and is quite impressive. So here are the detail photos:
And, a side view:
More detail photos: The face was interesting. I crushed his nose a bit trying to figure this out but it worked out OK. Use a white pen for the center of the eyes.
 
Sponge the feather  edge with some brown ink. The crown is ever so slightly curled outwards. Adhesive rhinestones added per the original inspiration.
And, the body: Those buttons are adhesive gold rhinestones. Mini glue dots used to attach the gold straps across the chest. The beard is using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

The Boots: Gold bells and gold cord were a finishing touch. Use a mini glue dot to hold the cord in place so it is much easier to make the knot! And, the base is great! Edges are sponged with some brown ink. I did fill it with some sand so it was be heavier...........next time I will put the sand in a plastic bag to ensure none will leak out.

The back of the Nutcracker: Hair action!
Cape is embossed with Snowflake Embossing folder:
And, a couple things I made my own: cut and slightly curled the epaulets
 On the sleeve, adhesive rhinestones added.
Paper used: G45 nutcracker, SU Blush (retired), Kelly paper Gold, American craft Black, SU Cherry Cobbler
Adhesive Rhinestones: Recollections
This project was using white Scotch glue and a high temp glue gun used to adhere the boot to the base, arms to the body, legs to the body. I am looking forward to make more of this Nutcrackers in a variety of color scheme.  Hope you enjoyed this and I have and have a great crafting day to make one yourself!
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!



Kris

Patricia Gessner said...

I can't even imagine how long this took to put together! It is fantastic!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Jan Castle said...

At first glance, I thought you were showing us a wooden Netcracker and were going to show a take off for a card/project. All I can say is WOW Patti....it is gorgeous!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

cropsticks said...

Just amazing!!!

Sinayda said...

Lindo demais!!
Parabéns pelo trabalho, pela delicadeza e riqueza em tantos detalhes!!

Karli said...

ack, this looked super complicated, but if you say it's easy, I'll give it a go. (I did buy this kit :) Yours turned out FAAAAAB! I'm so excited to make one for myself! TFS always :)

Sue from Oregon said...

I enjoyed ALL of your nutcrackers! What wonderful gifts!