Friday, August 2, 2013

Farm House Recipe Mini

Here is one of my very favorite kits to make: the new Farm House Recipe Kit.Everything you see comes in the kit so walk .......no.......run to your local craft store ask them to get this for you. I got my kit as a gift. The finished size is 6-5/8" x 6-5/8" x 2". There is a beige satin ribbon that came with the kit for the spine but I want a red gingham wire ribbon. The kit came with lots of stickers and chipboard images along with lots of recipe cards.  I love the step by step instructions that came with the kit -p so easy to assemble. The album itself is a very sturdy Kraft construction with a fabric inner core spine (like a real book). I followed the instructions to sponge all the edges with brown ink for more character. Lots of photos below with the pages...........they are self explanatory:
See how thick this album become when completed?
The left side recipe flips up for more photos and the chipboard smaller recipe card can be removed from the hand mixer.
All four of these recipe cards can be removed:
These recipe cards can be flipped up for photos or for journaling.
These recipe cards can be flipped open to the left/right:
A page for whatever - just photos?
Another page for photos - the chipboard pieces are not completely adhered so a photo can be slipped in before removing the back of the chipboard.
Instructions show to hand cut the scallop but I chose to leave the whole page as a square shaped paper.
Recipes or photos can be slipped into the bands at the bottom - doesn't this look like old wallpaper?
Last page: more spots for recipes. The back cover is plain Kraft.
Did you just  love this - I absolutely adore this book and can't wait to fill it with my favorite recipes.

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

Hi Patti, I finally had a chance to drop by and check out all the lovelies on your blog! Such beautiful projects fill each post! I really enjoyed meeting you at CHA, you and Gina were definitely a highlight of the show for me. In case you'd like to drop by here's my blog http://happyheart-nancyljk.blogspot.com/

Jan Castle said...

Patti's recipe book is lovely!!! Will it be full of artichoke recipes???? LOL! Well done Patti!
Jan