Friday, February 28, 2014

A Birthday Purse Mini

Here's a project for my Grand niece who turned 12 years old.......a milestone! The Vintage Bliss Purse Album kit is from Pine Cone Press found here. This mini album is a purse style with dot grosgrain handles. I love the brad closure with a elastic loop (attached on the purse back).  Finished purse size is 10" x 6-1/2" x 3-1/4". Front purse cover is different from the original concept.  The flowers and other embellishments are all from my stash. One of the changes I made to the kit was to switch out the white card stock base for Kraft card stock. I also added a narrow strip of decorative paper on the page panel so you do not see any solid strip between each page.  
Large silk flower and paper flowers - all having adhesive flowers in the centers. The greenery is from some silk flower garlands. Peeking out on the left side is a wooden embellishment.
 A Wooden butterfly embellishment with a paper flower and adhesive rhinestone:

 Personalized using my Silhouette to cut out her name:
The inside pages:  Note there are paper clips and yellow post it notes on many  of the pages.  All the pages will be filled with candid photos from the first 12 years of Lauren's life...........cool, eh?  But since the photos have not been through final selection, mats are not permanently glues into place yet.  This way, I have the option to make the mats smaller or larger.
 The purse back:
I love this project. Hope you liked it, too................

3 comments:

Jan Castle said...

Bet Lauren FLIPPED over this gift!!!
Hugs,
Jan

Mary R. said...

I agree with jan I would have fliped too I loved it so much I just might have to make one iam making a lunchbag one right now.thank you for sharing .
MaryRedford

eunice said...

Whoa! This is way more than "just a purse"! I can just imagine how delighted Lauren must have been to get this...what a lucky girl!